The sciatic nerve is the largest and longest nerve in the body, originating in the lower back and extending down the back of the leg. Research has shown more than 3 million Americans are affected by sciatica every year. Chiropractic care is a safe, non-invasive alternative to help those suffering from sciatica find relief. In fact, a 2010 study found that 60% of those suffering from sciatica, found the same kind of relief using chiropractic care as those who eventually opted for surgery instead.
What Are Common Symptoms Of Sciatica?
Sciatica is a common form of back pain that is described as pain that originates in the lower back and travels through the sciatic nerve into one or even both legs. This pain can range from being mild to excruciating and can even prevent individuals suffering from it from sitting or standing comfortably.
Symptoms of sciatica include:
- Pain in the leg or buttock made worse when sitting
- Numbness, weakness or even difficulty moving a leg or foot
- Shooting pain that makes it very hard to stand up at all
- Burning or tingling from the top of the leg all the way down
Improve Sciatica With Chiropractic Care
As your body ages, you become more vulnerable to develop sciatic nerve related problems due to the changes in the spine. Luckily, routine chiropractic care is a natural and effective method to help those suffering from sciatica because chiropractic care is designed to help the body do what it was designed to do, heal itself.
Chiropractic care helps improve sciatica by loosening tight muscles surrounding the spine and sciatic nerve. Chiropractic also helps align the spine over time, allowing any out of place discs that are irritating the sciatic nerve to retract. The natural care associated with chiropractic produces effective results such as:
- Pain relief to the immediate and surrounding areas
- Decreased inflammation in the sciatic nerve and nearby muscle tissue
- Reduced need for extreme medications over time
- Improved spinal alignment allowing for a more balanced nervous system
- More optimal body function
- Reduced muscle spasms
If you or someone you love is currently suffering from sciatica pain, don’t wait any longer to bring them to see Dr. DiNonno at Monmouth Back and Neck Rehabilitation. We would be honored to help you find relief and get you back to living your life how you want to live it!